Monday, May 2, 2016

Naja & Sachi: Useless Musings Podcast Ep.002 - Introduction to Final Fantasy XIV

Before I ramble too much: Mp3 can be found here.
Youtube version is available lower on the page.

I decided to branch out from writing a little bit. I have been having a lot of fun working on my new podcast series with Sachi the past two weeks. Starting up the podcast was kind of spur of the moment but I had been thinking about it for a long time. These days, well, actually for a while now, time has been a major limiting factor for all my creative endeavors. Motivation is probably a close second. So I've taken to using a 'whatever works' approach to my creative projects. It's why you haven't seen me posting here very often for a while; writing is something I enjoy very much but it takes a lot out of me. The podcasts, however, I have actually been able to muster some motivation for and they allow me to continue expanding creatively.

 I've wanted to do something collaborative for a long time but could never really get my other friends behind any of my ideas. I wanted to try Let's Plays but poring over recorded footage is very time consuming and I haven't had time for quite a while (though that might finally change later this year). I also considered doing reviews or funny shorts, but due to either time, technical issues, or general lack of interest I had to back down. When I examined why those projects never got off the ground I decided it was because I wasn't playing to my strengths, or rather, my group's strength. My friends and I aren't particularly funny people (though we have our moments), but we are great at interesting and often weird discussions; from Physics and Philosophy, to Anime and Gaming.

Right now it's just Sachi and myself, but I have future plans to drag my other friends into if I really latch onto this podcast idea. (And so far I really like it.)

Well that's enough irrelevant blabbing for now, let me get to the actual podcast. In this episode Sachi and I talk about Final Fantasy XIV, Square Enix's 2nd MMORPG final fantasy. We were originally supposed to discuss the game at large but it more or less turned into a crazy introduction mixed with stories. We're still getting the hang of this. One change you might notice is that we now have an intro. Also, in this particular episode I played around with some music in the background. Let me know your thoughts on that here or in the comments of the Youtube video.

Right now I'm using just a simple static splash screen but episode 003 will include some simple visuals to add a little interest for anybody listening through Youtube. As with all my projects suggestions and comments are very appreciated.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment